TRIPAWDS: Home to 14574 Members and 1242 Blogs.
HOME » NEWS » BLOGS » FORUMS » CHAT » FACEBOOK » TWITTER » RANDOM BLOG

Bruiser Bruno: My Tenacious & Triumphant Tripawd

Another Amazing Tripawds Three Legged Dog Blog

I Close My Eyes

February27

I Close my eyes and wonder…

If it’s like this where you are:

Are the days long and full of sun?
The grass the greenest you’ve ever seen?
Are the flowers in full bloom?
The rivers crystal clean, And your bowl full of ice cream?

Is the “special of the day” pepperoni pizza?
Or have you suddenly decided to be athletic,
And swim an extra lap?

I’m sure your paradise is amazing
And that you’ve met up with friends.
Back home we all miss you
And can’t wait to see you again!

Love you.

by posted under Bruno's Blog | 10 Comments »
10 Comments to

“I Close My Eyes”

1. February 26th, 2013 at 8:59 pm      Reply December Marmolejo Says:

What a beautiful poem!

2. February 27th, 2013 at 9:39 am      Reply Christine Says:

Beautiful… and soooo true!!

3. February 27th, 2013 at 10:34 am      Reply fetchon3 Says:

So sweet. Has it gotten a millimeter easier in the last 2 months?

• February 27th, 2013 at 11:47 am      Reply bruiserbruno Says:

Yes it has. Thanks for asking. I still think of Bruno everyday and recall what he would be doing at certain instances throughout the day, each day. I still miss him terribly, but looking back at video and pictures hurts less. I find myself laughing more and crying less, although some days I laugh so much that I end up crying. The pain isn’t as sharp and I’ve come to understand that the languishing, incessant longing is due to the fact that I love him and he loved us, and that it will always be there. I wouldn’t want to get rid of those feelings for anything in the world, because it’s proof that he still lives in my heart.

4. February 27th, 2013 at 1:35 pm      Reply jerry Says:

This is beautiful Maricela! Did you write it?

• February 27th, 2013 at 1:53 pm      Reply bruiserbruno Says:

Yes. Thanks. Just helps to talk to Bruno as I always have. He was such a tranquil, laid back, sun-worshipping, lover, and soul. This is how I picture him spending his days.

5. February 28th, 2013 at 4:17 am      Reply princess Says:

A beautiful poem and such gorgeous photos.
    And you are so right. Unfortunately we can’t have this wonderful love without the pain. But it is worth every tear.

6. February 28th, 2013 at 5:49 pm      Reply michele Says:

Your words are always so touching. I love reading your tributes to dear Bruno. He was so loved and loved you so deeply. I hope Cadence and Bruno are sharing a pepperoni pizza together. Take care.

michele

7. March 1st, 2013 at 7:01 am      Reply chilidawg Says:

I love the poem and I LOVE the picture of him laying on his back- I bet he is doing that with my Chili Dawg, and I am sure he and my Finchy are playing together at the bridge- they look like they would have been good friends.

Jenna mom to Spirit Chili Dawg & Spirit Monkeybutt Finchy and Monkeybutt Buster

8. March 11th, 2013 at 10:01 pm      Reply elia barragan Says:

Maricela I’ve been reading your posts and your writing brought me to tears. I remember when Oscar died and how painful that was and he still randomly pops into my mind and I miss him and yearn for him. From reading your post, I think you should consider being a writer, you have a gift of expression. Love you.

Email will not be published

Website example

Your Comment:

Spirit Bruno

How Time Flies

February 2013
M T W T F S S
« Jan   Mar »
 123
45678910
11121314151617
18192021222324
25262728

More from Bruiser Bruno…

Introducing:  “The Incredible” Bruiser Bruno

Who:  The Incredible, Brave, Head-Strong, Bully, Sun-Worshipper.

The lover of: Pizza, LMN (yes, as in Lifetime Movie Network), and long afternoon drives down country roads.

Who?

None other than–MY Bruno.

Breed:  American Bulldog

Date of Birth:  January 1, 2005 (7yrs old)

Strengths:   His ability to ask for forgiveness (as he extends his paw-gesturing for a handshake) after he has been ornery, his quiet strength & laid back demeanor, how he has faced adversity time and time again head on.  How he calls on the fighter within him to help him battle illness, when in reality he is nothing but a lover.

Vices: His love affair with food.

Main weaknesses:  PIZZA, Blue Bell Ice Cream- Homemade Vanilla (“The best ice cream in the country!” according to Bruno), any and all of mom’s homemade cooking.

His Current Adversary:  Histiocytic Synovial Cell Sarcoma

*9/8/11- This marked the day that Jeremy, my husband, Bruno, and I were handed the news.  The news that was not only not good news, but that was news which we had clearly not prepared ourselves to entertain.  Lab results, which had been sent to Florida by our local vet, of the biopsy which they had taken from his knee joint identified his condition.  The diagnosis was: synovial cell sarcoma.  All I heard was the word “CANCER.”

Timeline/Back-story leading up to diagnosis:  Coming Soon.

To be Continued…And so, the saga began.