TRIPAWDS: Home to 10588 Members and 1249 Blogs.
HOME » NEWS » BLOGS » FORUMS » CHAT » FACEBOOK » TWITTER » RANDOM BLOG

Bruiser Bruno: My Tenacious & Triumphant Tripawd

Another Amazing Tripawds Three Legged Dog Blog

Missing You

September2

Bruno was so much more than a pet or even a dog, at least, to me. His soul and essence brought a sense of tranquility into my life. His cognac- colored eyes never failed to “get me”, and I especially loved the flecks of amber and gold that shown (in his barely squinting eyes) as he would bask on a warm, afternoon; his face tilted towards the sun. He was a sun-worshipper. He was a lover. And…he taught me how to love, live, and relish in the smallest, simplest of ordinary, blessed moments which too many of us allow to pass by, unnoticed, each day.

Bruno awakened emotions within me which I had yet to experience & understand prior to him entering my life. He revealed, to me, a side of myself which I had yet to know even existed & Which, I am certain, would have remained dormant within me had it not been for him.

EIGHT months have gone by since he’s been gone.

EIGHT months.

And…they haven’t been at all easy. Not a single day goes by that I don’t think of Bruno and wish that he were still here. WISH-that just somehow we could be together; just, once more. Nothing is the same. But, I thank God for the journey and the lessons of love, strength, courage, hope, and fortitude I was taught when he was by my side.

Bruno, we love you and miss you so much. You are always with me and forever in my heart and mind.

by posted under Bruno's Blog | 10 Comments »
10 Comments to

“Missing You”

1. September 2nd, 2013 at 10:35 am      Reply fetchon3 Says:

So lovely. I’m a teary wreck over here. I loved his videos! What a joyous, energetic guy! His love of life and of your pack came right through my screen. I’m so sorry for the loss and how hard it’s been for the past 7 months. Amazing how time has gone by, but given how special he was, it’s not surprising his emptiness prevails. Run free and fast, Bruno!
    ~ Katy & Jackson

2. September 2nd, 2013 at 10:48 am      Reply maximutt Says:

Beautiful. Bruiser was an absolute lover! I will never forget his twirl. It brings a smile to my face every time I see it!

3. September 2nd, 2013 at 11:01 am      Reply Jeremy gaytan Says:

Everyday that goes by we think of you often. We are reminded of you everywhere we turn, whether its a quite stream, a country drive or in the faces and mannerisms in your sons. We love and miss you. Jeremy

4. September 2nd, 2013 at 12:17 pm      Reply micaroxy Says:

Beautiful video for a beautiful life.

Mica and Roxy

5. September 2nd, 2013 at 1:20 pm      Reply Karen Gutterman Says:

Wow what a gorgeous bullie like my tripawd Trina…They are playing ahppily at the bridge now,born the same yr but she only made it til Dec of 11.They are the best dogs and taught us so much in their short time here..off to wipe the tears..

6. September 2nd, 2013 at 2:23 pm      Reply fourminipups Says:

What a wonderful tribute and remembrance. He is with you always.

Luanne and Spirit Shooter

7. September 2nd, 2013 at 4:03 pm      Reply jerry Says:

Bruno we miss you too. I can’t believe 7 months have gone by, but in that strange way when something feels like it happened yesterday but wasn’t, you know what I mean?

But boy did you teach your Momma well! Be proud my friend. When a pawrent can move beyond the initial grief and be thankful for all of the good times and life lessons, well that is enlightenment isn’t it? You have enlightened your people, and lit up our hearts with your love. Thank you Bruno.

8. September 2nd, 2013 at 9:50 pm      Reply oscarsmom1 Says:

Hello;
    Oscar and I are recent members of the tripawd community so this is my introduction to your wonderful boy Bruno. What a beautiful boy he is and you captured his spirit in your tribute. I started to laugh when he was spinning.

Please accept my condolences and may you find peace and comfort in your memories.

Hugs and blessings,
    Lora, Gus and Oscar

9. September 3rd, 2013 at 7:08 am      Reply Christine Says:

what a wonderful video! He was such a handsome boy.. and boy did he know how to spin with joy!!!!
    Close your eyes and open you heart.. you will feel him there..

10. September 4th, 2013 at 8:36 am      Reply celiab Says:

What a beautiful tribute to Bruno’s life. I’ve watched it over and over again. You really captured how Bruno lived and how much he was loved. I’m so glad that you shared these beautiful pictures and wonderful videos with us. It brings back sooooo many memories and emotions. I laughed as I saw how he played with his toys. I cried when I remembered all the wonderful times I spent with Bruno. I smiled and my heart felt joy as I watched him spin that joyful spin. We all miss him so much. When I visited in May, I felt his absence and it hurt so much. He was my Bruno also. He made me laugh. Watching this video reminds me of what a gentle giant he was. He watched me so intently as I cooked and as he waited to be my taste tester. We all gave Bruno so much love and Bruno let us know how it feels to be loved back. What a lesson we could all learn from such a wonderful friend. Bruno-I miss you!
    Love,
    Grandma from Texas

Email will not be published

Website example

Your Comment:

Spirit Bruno

How Time Flies

September 2013
M T W T F S S
« Apr   Dec »
2345678
9101112131415
16171819202122
23242526272829

More from Bruiser Bruno…

Introducing:  “The Incredible” Bruiser Bruno

Who:  The Incredible, Brave, Head-Strong, Bully, Sun-Worshipper.

The lover of: Pizza, LMN (yes, as in Lifetime Movie Network), and long afternoon drives down country roads.

Who?

None other than–MY Bruno.

Breed:  American Bulldog

Date of Birth:  January 1, 2005 (7yrs old)

Strengths:   His ability to ask for forgiveness (as he extends his paw-gesturing for a handshake) after he has been ornery, his quiet strength & laid back demeanor, how he has faced adversity time and time again head on.  How he calls on the fighter within him to help him battle illness, when in reality he is nothing but a lover.

Vices: His love affair with food.

Main weaknesses:  PIZZA, Blue Bell Ice Cream- Homemade Vanilla (“The best ice cream in the country!” according to Bruno), any and all of mom’s homemade cooking.

His Current Adversary:  Histiocytic Synovial Cell Sarcoma

*9/8/11- This marked the day that Jeremy, my husband, Bruno, and I were handed the news.  The news that was not only not good news, but that was news which we had clearly not prepared ourselves to entertain.  Lab results, which had been sent to Florida by our local vet, of the biopsy which they had taken from his knee joint identified his condition.  The diagnosis was: synovial cell sarcoma.  All I heard was the word “CANCER.”

Timeline/Back-story leading up to diagnosis:  Coming Soon.

To be Continued…And so, the saga began.