TRIPAWDS: Home to 14574 Members and 1242 Blogs.
HOME » NEWS » BLOGS » FORUMS » CHAT » FACEBOOK » TWITTER » RANDOM BLOG

Bruiser Bruno: My Tenacious & Triumphant Tripawd

Another Amazing Tripawds Three Legged Dog Blog

Feels Like Home

April22

Today, marks four months since I last saw my sweet boy’s face and caressed his soft spotted ears. Some days are harder than others, but the memories help fill the void of his absence when the emptiness feels like more than I can handle. One thing that’s for sure is that he gave me memories and a love that will last and live on forever.

Friday, April 5th we took our annual, long-awaited trip, to our favorite cabin along the Buffalo National River. And even though I was enthusiastic, this year’s trip was bittersweet; as we had decided early on that this would be the time and place where we’d spread some of Bruno’s ashes. How he loved this place! He would fill with excitement as we prepped for the trip. The spot, at Lookout Point, was a given; for this is where he’d taken in countless sunsets, found peace, contemplated, and performed his famous twirl.

When I envision what peace he must feel and what “home” are like, I picture it like here. And, I know this is a trip he’d have wanted to take once more.

We love you Bruno. You are always in our minds and forever in our hearts.

Maricela A. Gaytan

by posted under Bruno's Blog | 9 Comments »
9 Comments to

“Feels Like Home”

1. April 22nd, 2013 at 12:35 pm      Reply micaroxy Says:

Way to make me cry at work!

Roxy does the twirl too! She hasn’t since her surgery, but I know she’ll be able to again soon. She can do it on command now. “Crazy dog” is what sets her off.

What a special fella. May you find comfort in the memories.

2. April 22nd, 2013 at 5:07 pm      Reply benny55 Says:

Maricela…..I started to view this three times before I watched it because I knew the tears would be flowing and my heart would cry with you again. I also knew your tribute would be so beautiful, so touching, so poignant, and soooo fitting for a champion like Bruiser Bruno that I must view you bringing Bruno home.

And what a stellar homecoming it is. Bruno could not be more proud of you for “honoring his wishes” as this is clearly how he wants his life affirming presence to continue. Nature will constantly bloom forth with rebirth at Lookout Point and Bruno’s ashes will be part of the nutrients in the soil, in the air, in the rain and in the sun that will be partof nature’s eternal hheartbeat.

You are an incredible soul Maricela and no one could have done more to enrich Bruiser Bruno’s life than you. Probably everyone on this site wants to come back as one of your dogs!:-)

You and Bruiser have touched our lives at a soul deep level. Thank you.

Sally and Happy Hannah

3. April 22nd, 2013 at 6:34 pm      Reply Michelle Says:

Maricela,
    I also am crying. I know that Bruno would have loved to leave part of himself at his favorite spot. He knows you love him so much. Thanks for sharing this special journey with us. Each passing day filled with memories will bring you comfort. He knows he was so loved.

Michelle & Sassy

4. April 22nd, 2013 at 7:44 pm      Reply princess Says:

Such a touching tribute. I can’t believe it has already been 4 months. The video is overflowing with so much love. I cry with you.

Many hugs

Karen and Spirit Magnum

5. April 22nd, 2013 at 10:14 pm      Reply fourminipups Says:

What a perfect memorial. He knew he was loved and gave it all back tenfold.

6. April 23rd, 2013 at 8:34 pm      Reply CB Says:

Maricela,
    Thank you for sharing this beautiful video. I will cherish the memories. The video is such a wonderful tribute of all the joy that Bruno brought us. I watched it several times feeling joy, sadness, love, and pride. I’m proud to have been Bruno’s grandma. He will ALWAYS be in my heart. I’m glad to have this video to watch again.
    Texas Grandma

7. April 23rd, 2013 at 8:45 pm      Reply fetchon3 Says:

Rest in peace and run like the wind, in your forever home, Bruno. It’s a gorgeous spot for a gorgeous soul. We miss you. Tear, tear.

8. April 24th, 2013 at 9:06 pm      Reply jerry Says:

Maricela I finally had a chance to sit down and watch your video, and the tears just started flowing. You did a great job on this video, the deep love you have for him shines through.

I admire your courage at scattering his ashes in such a beautiful, unforgettable spot. I know that wasn’t easy, not at all. But how wonderful to know that his spirit will always be a part of that gorgeous place.

xoxo

9. June 27th, 2013 at 3:16 am      Reply charliewarlie Says:

What an incredibly poignant tribute to your beloved Bruiser Bruno. Tissues dfinately needed!! Hugs……..

TriPawd Charlie & his mom

Email will not be published

Website example

Your Comment:

Spirit Bruno

How Time Flies

April 2013
M T W T F S S
« Mar   Sep »
1234567
891011121314
15161718192021
22232425262728
2930

More from Bruiser Bruno…

Introducing:  “The Incredible” Bruiser Bruno

Who:  The Incredible, Brave, Head-Strong, Bully, Sun-Worshipper.

The lover of: Pizza, LMN (yes, as in Lifetime Movie Network), and long afternoon drives down country roads.

Who?

None other than–MY Bruno.

Breed:  American Bulldog

Date of Birth:  January 1, 2005 (7yrs old)

Strengths:   His ability to ask for forgiveness (as he extends his paw-gesturing for a handshake) after he has been ornery, his quiet strength & laid back demeanor, how he has faced adversity time and time again head on.  How he calls on the fighter within him to help him battle illness, when in reality he is nothing but a lover.

Vices: His love affair with food.

Main weaknesses:  PIZZA, Blue Bell Ice Cream- Homemade Vanilla (“The best ice cream in the country!” according to Bruno), any and all of mom’s homemade cooking.

His Current Adversary:  Histiocytic Synovial Cell Sarcoma

*9/8/11- This marked the day that Jeremy, my husband, Bruno, and I were handed the news.  The news that was not only not good news, but that was news which we had clearly not prepared ourselves to entertain.  Lab results, which had been sent to Florida by our local vet, of the biopsy which they had taken from his knee joint identified his condition.  The diagnosis was: synovial cell sarcoma.  All I heard was the word “CANCER.”

Timeline/Back-story leading up to diagnosis:  Coming Soon.

To be Continued…And so, the saga began.