TRIPAWDS: Home to 11051 Members and 1299 Blogs.
HOME » NEWS » BLOGS » FORUMS » CHAT » FACEBOOK » TWITTER » RANDOM BLOG

Bruiser Bruno: My Tenacious & Triumphant Tripawd

Another Amazing Tripawds Three Legged Dog Blog

Behold The Amazing Bruno: Tripawd ‘Track Star’ or ‘Trickster’?

January21

Behold The Amazing Bruno: Tripawd ‘Track Star’ or ‘Trickster’?

I do NOT tell a lie when I say that I was NEVER able to get Bruno to either: run to me upon command, “come” (with ANY sense of urgency) when I called his name, or rush towards me (in any manner which may have ever so slightly resembled a jog) even when lured by tricks and the promise of treats.

The boy was in his own time Zone.

I swear that it wasn’t until Bruno became a tripawd, that we witnessed his most bizarre bursts of energy.

These unannounced bouts Bruno performed would most often catch us completely off guard, leaving us laughing hysterically. We watched him: twisting and turning, spinning, head-faking, leaping, sprinting and even bucking (like a little bronco) every which direction.

And oh, of course, his favorite…TWIRLING! 😉

Bruno performed amazing stunts on three legs he’d never attempted on four!

by posted under Bruno's Blog | 7 Comments »
7 Comments to

“Behold The Amazing Bruno: Tripawd ‘Track Star’ or ‘Trickster’?”

1. January 21st, 2013 at 5:58 pm      Reply admin Says:

ZOOMIES! 🙂 Thank you for sharing.

2. January 21st, 2013 at 6:07 pm      Reply Codie Rae Says:

Wonderful happy dawg video! How can you not smile watching it? Sweet song too–what is it?

3. January 21st, 2013 at 6:27 pm      Reply Dakota Dawg Says:

This is great, Maricela! Anyone thinking their dog will be turned into an invalid after amputation should be required to watch this!

I know you miss him terribly, but I’m so glad you are finding the jewels buried in the sadness. There are more, I promise.

Shari

4. January 24th, 2013 at 2:38 am      Reply Jeremy Gaytan Says:

Bruno, you are amazing. All the time in the world would never be enough. I love and miss you. Jeremy

• January 24th, 2013 at 4:31 am      Reply bruiserbruno Says:

Dad,
      Although you can’t see me ; I want you to close your eyes,and feel me, as I reach out my paw to hold your hand. This is your son, Bruno, thanking you for all the love and effort you put towards giving me the best life ever. I know in my heart that- I WAS, and AM STILL, LOVED! I couldn’t have wished for a better dad.

Thank you for continuing to honor my spirit and memory each and every day. I fought and braved the battle against cancer for far longer than drs anticipated. I would have stayed with you all and Daphne forever.

Know- that it is awesome on the other side. And, that we will meet again.
      Know -that just as your love Lives within me, that I am ALWAYS with you. And, that I am never far.

Love & (fish) kisses,
      Your Boy, “Spirit” Bruno

5. January 24th, 2013 at 3:13 am      Reply wyattraydawg Says:

Bruno had his own TIME ZONE?

Dang! I want one. Can you tell me how to get my own too?

Zoom! Zoom! Zoom! We love to see your angel baby twirl!

Email will not be published

Website example

Your Comment:

Spirit Bruno

How Time Flies

January 2013
M T W T F S S
« Dec   Feb »
 123456
78910111213
14151617181920
21222324252627
28293031

More from Bruiser Bruno…

Introducing:  “The Incredible” Bruiser Bruno

Who:  The Incredible, Brave, Head-Strong, Bully, Sun-Worshipper.

The lover of: Pizza, LMN (yes, as in Lifetime Movie Network), and long afternoon drives down country roads.

Who?

None other than–MY Bruno.

Breed:  American Bulldog

Date of Birth:  January 1, 2005 (7yrs old)

Strengths:   His ability to ask for forgiveness (as he extends his paw-gesturing for a handshake) after he has been ornery, his quiet strength & laid back demeanor, how he has faced adversity time and time again head on.  How he calls on the fighter within him to help him battle illness, when in reality he is nothing but a lover.

Vices: His love affair with food.

Main weaknesses:  PIZZA, Blue Bell Ice Cream- Homemade Vanilla (“The best ice cream in the country!” according to Bruno), any and all of mom’s homemade cooking.

His Current Adversary:  Histiocytic Synovial Cell Sarcoma

*9/8/11- This marked the day that Jeremy, my husband, Bruno, and I were handed the news.  The news that was not only not good news, but that was news which we had clearly not prepared ourselves to entertain.  Lab results, which had been sent to Florida by our local vet, of the biopsy which they had taken from his knee joint identified his condition.  The diagnosis was: synovial cell sarcoma.  All I heard was the word “CANCER.”

Timeline/Back-story leading up to diagnosis:  Coming Soon.

To be Continued…And so, the saga began.