TRIPAWDS: Home to 12142 Members and 1406 Blogs.
HOME » NEWS » BLOGS » FORUMS » CHAT » YOUR PRIVACY » RANDOM BLOG

Bruiser Bruno: My Tenacious & Triumphant Tripawd

Another Amazing Tripawds Three Legged Dog Blog

A Closer Look at Bruno

October8

Just thought I’d share some pics that offer up a glimpse at that which is the essence of Bruno. He is one special boy!
20121008-090710.jpg

20121008-090859.jpg

20121008-090937.jpg

20121008-091028.jpg

20121008-091045.jpg

20121008-091120.jpg

20121008-091143.jpg

20121008-091241.jpg

20121008-091312.jpg

by posted under Bruno's Blog | 8 Comments »
8 Comments to

“A Closer Look at Bruno”

1. October 8th, 2012 at 7:11 pm      Reply labsrus Says:

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the last photo! Truly amazing and strong!

• October 9th, 2012 at 3:53 am      Reply bruiserbruno Says:

Hunter,
      Congratulations on your outstanding prognosis. Keep beating the odds! It sure does look like you’re living the life. Can’t wait to hear more about your adventures. By the way, I love the super dog costume. Awesome!keep in touch.

Bruno & Maricela

2. October 9th, 2012 at 2:17 am      Reply princess Says:

Ditto. That last photo is amazing. If you haven’t already done so you should enter that it in the 2013 Tripawds calendar. Absolutely gorgeous. Stunning photography.

Karen and Spirit Magnum

• October 9th, 2012 at 3:49 am      Reply bruiserbruno Says:

Aww. Thanks for the compliment. I will definitely submit his photo this year.

I so desperately wanted to last year, however he was barely recovering and I missed my window of opportunity. I think that last year, I wanted to submit his photo more as a way to pay tribute to him as a tripawd (uncertain as to what this journey truly held in store for us and unaware of the meaning I’d find along the way).

This year however, I hope that Bruno’s spirit will speak to others, through his picture, and invigorate them with a renewed sense of hope and possibility.

Maricela & Bruno

3. October 9th, 2012 at 3:14 am      Reply jerry Says:

Hahahaha! Bruno, you are so photogenic! My favorite one is of you all sprawled out. Too funny!

4. October 9th, 2012 at 4:07 am      Reply bruiserbruno Says:

Just airing myself out 🙂 That, and practicing Nephelococcygia -the act of finding shapes within clouds. ☁

5. October 9th, 2012 at 4:08 am      Reply bruiserbruno Says:

I think I just spotted French fries!

6. October 20th, 2012 at 4:40 am      Reply charliewarlie Says:

The essence of Bruno…..what a Handsome brute!! I too love the one on his back. He’s very comfortable with himself.

Continues good health to Bruno.

Charlie (and his mom)

Email will not be published

Website example

Your Comment:

Spirit Bruno

How Time Flies

October 2012
M T W T F S S
« Sep   Dec »
1234567
891011121314
15161718192021
22232425262728
293031

More from Bruiser Bruno…

Introducing:  “The Incredible” Bruiser Bruno

Who:  The Incredible, Brave, Head-Strong, Bully, Sun-Worshipper.

The lover of: Pizza, LMN (yes, as in Lifetime Movie Network), and long afternoon drives down country roads.

Who?

None other than–MY Bruno.

Breed:  American Bulldog

Date of Birth:  January 1, 2005 (7yrs old)

Strengths:   His ability to ask for forgiveness (as he extends his paw-gesturing for a handshake) after he has been ornery, his quiet strength & laid back demeanor, how he has faced adversity time and time again head on.  How he calls on the fighter within him to help him battle illness, when in reality he is nothing but a lover.

Vices: His love affair with food.

Main weaknesses:  PIZZA, Blue Bell Ice Cream- Homemade Vanilla (“The best ice cream in the country!” according to Bruno), any and all of mom’s homemade cooking.

His Current Adversary:  Histiocytic Synovial Cell Sarcoma

*9/8/11- This marked the day that Jeremy, my husband, Bruno, and I were handed the news.  The news that was not only not good news, but that was news which we had clearly not prepared ourselves to entertain.  Lab results, which had been sent to Florida by our local vet, of the biopsy which they had taken from his knee joint identified his condition.  The diagnosis was: synovial cell sarcoma.  All I heard was the word “CANCER.”

Timeline/Back-story leading up to diagnosis:  Coming Soon.

To be Continued…And so, the saga began.